Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Signs of Age

A group of people decided to go ice skating on Saturday night. Kevin and Jackie, Greg, Justin. Some friends from church, etc. arrived before we did. I had to go back to the car to get my wallet. The sign listed prices for family, youth, adult, senior.

I stepped up to the woman at the admission booth…. “What am I? I guess I’m an adult/”

“You could be a senior.”

Rosemary asks, “How old do you have to be to be a senior?”

“55.”

Rosemary says, “He’ll be 55 next week.”

The woman say, “Well, that’s close enough, I’m going to give you the senior price.”

“I don’t want to be a senior,” I said handing her a five dollar bill.

“Well, you’re getting the senior price.”

I looked at the change and saw that she had indeed only charged me the senior price.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...if it makes you feel better, you are a very very young senior...Jackie